Wednesday 15 May 2013

My final day

For my final day I arrived in at 10.00am and put my belongings away. I helped to set up the main hall by taking out all the toys for the children. I went into the artroom and helped to empty the ball pit by putting the balls in the nets for them to be washed.

Four of the workers, myself and another college student went out to the Coffee Shop in the Leisure Centre with 8 of the children. We stayed there for a while and the children had a little break.
After we went back to the pre-school and stayed in the main hall for a while. The children then got ready in their rooms for dinner.

At 12 o ' clock I went for lunch in the canteen with my friend. We finished and went back to work for 1 o ' clock. 

At 1 I helped to get the children in the pre-school ready to go home. I gave all the staff a card and a box of chocolates as a thank you present and they were delighted. By half 1 all the children had gone home and I talked to the staff for a few minutes.

At 2 o ' clock I went over to the senior citizens area. Everyone was firstly in the main room. After a while a few of us went to the other smaller room and everyone relaxed. I talked to everyone and we listened to music to relax. 

At 3 o ' clock we made tea or coffee for them and gave everyone a slice of rhubarb tart as one of the workers & a few of the senior citizens had baked it earlier that morning.

At half 3 I gave the staff a card and a box of chocolates and they were very thankful. I said goodbye to everyone and left for my bus.



Overall I have had an amazing experience and loved each week of it. I am sad to leave as I will miss everyone after getting to know them and I am glad I got to have a chance at doing a  work experience placement there.

No comments:

Post a Comment